Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hot Weather + Polymer Clay = Unhappy Clayer


Hey guys.  I haven't been doing a whole lot lately.  Greatly unhappy with my results with the insane heat we've been having in PA.  Finger prints galore, sloppy canes, and molded pieces that only look slightly like what they should look like.  Despite my general unhappiness with my attempts, I have been working on a huge pink flowered series.  I have two sets completed and several more in the works.    The two completed sets are pictured minus the matching earrings.  Some of the incomplete pieces are pictured below.  I'm pleased with the results.  Much more bright and cheerful than most of the work I've done thus far. 



1 comment:

  1. I do like this series, Polly. Very pretty. I made a couple of fish canes this week and while they're cute, they're not quite what I had in mind for all the reasons you've mentioned. PA in summer is always wicked. PA in summer with a record heat-wave is insane!

    Oh well - Saturday's supposed to be in the 70s!

    me<><

    ReplyDelete