Monday, March 21, 2011

BIG JEWELRY


I'm a sizable girl - 5'10" and built rather "sturdy" so I love big jewelry. My mother is very petite and a lot of my larger jewelry looks ridiculous on her. These pieces really stretched the bounds of large. They are solid pieces of clay so they are pretty heavy.




I've been trying to replicate some of the domed pieces that I've seen people do. Figuring out how to make them hollow has been quite a trial since I really want to lose some of the weight that these pieces have. I really liked the textures I accomplished on the orange, teal, and stone colored pieces. The first photo was crackled acrylic paint on a deep purple color. Overall, I like the pieces and design. I just wish I had been able to make them a little lighter in weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment