Sunday, February 28, 2010

A New Design Focus

Gone are the days of making beads and hoping that I can figure something out to do with them.  My new focus for my polymer clay art is creating things were designed for each other.  This is a total shift in my design process and it's taking some getting used to.  It's a whole lot more prep work and requires a whole lot more forethought.  I've begun creating color palettes with recipes so that if something terrible happens to a bead, it's not the end of the world.  I can always make something similar that will probably work better knowing what happened to the piece that didn't work.  It is, however, making my work station a quarantined disaster area.  The mess is worse than I can ever describe with several color palettes/series in the works at once.

The things that I have produced over the last few weeks I'm very pleased with.  Here are a few that are totally finished and ready for the Etsy shop.


1 comment:

  1. The new design process is really working for you. I love the color palettes. Everything feels really custom. The crescent is super cool!

    ReplyDelete